MTA recently graduated its first batch of 21 Certified CloudMASTERS at an awards ceremony on March 14th, 2014. The awards were handed out by MTA CIO Sid Gilleneau, and was reported in MTA TODAY. Click here for the full article. The second batch of CloudMASTERs begins on April 3, 2014. Seats are limited to 25, and registration is now open.
CloudMASTER program at MTA HQ
This program is offered by New Jersey Institute of Technology in partnership with National Cloud Technologists Association. It is comprised of 3 courses: Cloud Technologies, Cloud Architecture and Design, and Cloud Operations. Each course, upon successful completion, awards 3.2 NJIT Continuing Education Units. Click here for course details.
- Create a login and PIN.
- Fill out the application with the requested information.
- Go to Student Services, Add/Drop Courses, select the 2013-2014 Non-credit Year.
- You should be on the add/drop page now.
- You would submit these codes
- Cloud Technologies starts April 3, 2014 35109
- Cloud Operations starts May 15, 2014 35112
- Cloud Architecture starts June 26, 2014 35113
Need assistance? Please contact Timothy Hart email@example.com (973) 642-7975
Or Margaret Roche at MTA: firstname.lastname@example.org (646) 252-8758
Classes will be taught in-house at MTA HQ (347 Madison Ave New York NY) face to face one day each week from 4:30 pm – 8:30 pm and via distance learning on Sundays from 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm. Each course runs for 4 weeks with a 2-on 1-off schedule and a 1-week break between courses. You can take any course or all courses. Since you are starting with only one, you can decide if you want to continue to the next. If you cannot attend a particular session, you can join remotely, or work with the videos to complete the assignments. Instructors will work individually with those who need to catch up.
MTA employees whose job involves the cloud now or in future– planning, purchasing, implementation, migration, support are strong candidates for this program. Prior formal education in computer science is NOT required if candidate has adequate work experience. This is NOT a programming course. Class discussions, individual reports and group projects focus not on theoretical cases but on real issues and job-related projects so you can take your work product and make a presentation to your group. Departments should consider enrolling together.
The cost for the full certificate is $3,995.00. The per-course cost is $1,331.00 for the first and 1332.00 for the remaining two and is due to NJIT two days before each class starts. MTA participants will be able to participate in their tuition reimbursement program upon production of certificate of satisfactory completion for each course. If you pay be credit card, a $35 fee is added, but e-check is free (pls call Tim Hart at NJIT).
The complete schedule for each 32 hour module is as follows:
* Cloud Technologies: In class: 4:30 – 8:30 PM Apr 4, 10, 24 May 1 Online 5-9 PM: Apr 6, 13, 27 and May 4 * Cloud Operations: In class: 4:30-8:30 PM May 15, 22 Jun 5, 12 Online: 5-9 PM May 18, June 1, 8 and 15 * Cloud Architecture: In class: 4:30 – 8:30 PM June 26, July 10 In class: 12:30 – 8:30 PM July 17 and 24 Online: 5-9 PM Jun 29, Jul 13
Questions? Please contact:
- MTA: Margaret Roche (646) 252-8758 email@example.com
- NJIT: Timothy Hart (973) 642-7975 firstname.lastname@example.org
- NCTA: Hart Singh (973) 452-9092 email@example.com