MTA HQ in New York signed up to offer CloudMASTER certification program to MTA employees. Listen to Patricia Courtney, Director of IT Consolidation, MTA, now a Certified CloudMASTER, on why MTA signed up for this corporate training program at MTA HQ.
CloudMASTER program at MTA HQ
This program is offered by New Jersey Institute of Technology in partnership with National Cloud Technologists Association. It is comprised of 3 courses: Cloud Technologies, Cloud Architecture and Design, and Cloud Operations. Each course, upon successful completion, awards 3.2 NJIT Continuing Education Units.
- Create a login and PIN.
- Fill out the application with the requested information.
- Go to Student Services, Add/Drop Courses, select the 2013-2014 Non-credit Year.
- You should be on the add/drop page now.
- You would submit these codes
- Cloud Technologies 35024
- Cloud Operations 11/07/2013 35043
- Cloud Architecture January 2 35051
Need assistance? Please contact Timothy Hart firstname.lastname@example.org (973) 642-7975
Here is a quick video illustrating the signup process on NJIT website.
Classes will be taught in-house at MTA HQ (347 Madison Ave New York NY) face to face one day each week from 4:30 pm – 8:30 pm and via distance learning on Sundays from 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm. Each course runs for 4 weeks with a minimum of one week break between courses. You can take any course or all courses. Since you are starting with only one, you can decide if you want to continue to the next. If you cannot attend a particular session, you can join remotely, or work with the videos to complete the assignments. Instructors will work individually with those who need to catch up.
MTA employees whose job involves the cloud now or in future– planning, purchasing, implementation, migration, support are strong candidates for this program. Prior formal education in computer science is NOT required if candidate has adequate work experience. This is NOT a programming course. Class discussions, individual reports and group projects focus not on theoretical cases but on real issues and job-related projects so you can take your work product and make a presentation to your group. Departments should consider enrolling together.
The cost for the full certificate is $3,995.00. The per-course cost is $1,332.00 and is due to NJIT two days before each class starts. MTA participants will be able to participate in their tuition reimbursement program upon production of certificate of satisfactory completion for each course.
The complete schedule for each 32 hour module is as follows:
* Cloud Technologies: In class: 4:30 – 8:30 PM Oct 3, 10, 17, 24 Online 5-9 PM: Oct 6, 13, 20, 27 * Cloud Operations: In class: 4:30-8:30 PM Nov 7, 14, 21 Dec 5 Online: 5-9 PM Nov 10, 17, 24, Dec 8 * Cloud Architecture: In class: 4:30 – 8:30 PM Jan 2, 9 In class: 12:30 – 8:30 PM Jan 23, 30 Online: 5-9 PM Jan 5, 12
Questions? Please contact:
- MTA: Patricia Courtney (347) 886-5613 PCOURTNE@mtabsc.org
- NJIT: Timothy Hart (973) 642-7975 email@example.com
- NCTA: Instructor Hart Singh (973) 452-9092 firstname.lastname@example.org